Fire mishaps reduce jute bags, cotton bales to ashes
Eluru, Jan 28 (INN): Property worth lakhs of rupees was reduced to ashes in a fire mishap which occurred at D Muppavaram village in Nidadovulu mandal in West Godavari district on Friday. According to sources, the fire ravaged a godown in which jute bags were stored. The flames turned jute bags worth lakhs of rupees to ashes, apart from other materials used for manufacture of the bags.
Fire tenders from Nidadovulu were pressed to put off the fire. Initial investigations reveal that the fire may have been started due to a short circuit. According to reports, property to the tune of Rs 8 lakh has been damaged in the mishap. However, the management sources said the property reduced to ashes would be more than Rs 8 lakh. The exact value of property was yet to be ascertained.
In another mishap, cotton bales worth Rs 12 lakh were reduced to ashes when a live electric wire hanging from a pole fell on a lorry near Nakrekal in Nalgonda district in the wee hours of Friday. This led to the cotton bales catching fire. The lorry driver and cleaner did not attempt to put out the blaze fearing electrocution. According to police, the wire was of high tension.
News Posted: 28 January, 2011
Be first to comment on this News / Article!