Over 100 transformers gutted in fire mishap
Vijayawada, Nov 24 (INN): In a major fire mishap, 100 transformers were burnt at the Transco power sub-station at Gunadala here on Thursday.
The mishap is believed to have occurred due to short circuit in a transformer which supplies power to the sub-station. Due to the presence of dry grass and trees in the sub-station, the fire spread instantly and other transformers, which were brought for repairs, in the sub-station also caught fire.
It took more than three hours for several fire tenders from Gunadala and Vijayawada to extinguish the fire. The officials said that at least 100 transformers were completely burnt in the mishap.
The loss to the property is yet to be ascertained. However, the officials said the loss may be of several lakhs of rupees.
News Posted: 24 November, 2011