Fire ravages ginning mill in Nekkonda
Warangal, Dec 26 (INN): Cotton bales worth lakhs of rupees were turned to ashes as fire ravage a ginning mill in which they were stored at Nekkonda in Warangal district in the wee hours of Sunday. According to fire department sources, the mishap occurred at Shanmukha Cotton Ginning and Pressing Industries, in the wee hours, leaving the cotton bales and cotton material destroyed. Fire tenders were immediately pressed into service from Warangal district to douse the flames. However, no casualties were reported in the incident.
According to the initial estimation, the loss was put at Rs 80 lakh. However, the exact damage to the property is yet to be ascertained, fire brigade sources said. The officials said thousands of cotton bales were damaged in the fire. The reason for fire mishap is stated to be short-circuit in power systems. However, the exact reason for the fire is yet to be ascertained.
News Posted: 26 December, 2010
Be first to comment on this News / Article!